Enjoy the views from our beautiful garden
The following is a list of links to useful websites about Islay.
- There are eight whisky distilleries on Islay. Those with websites are found at
Also worth visiting is the
Isle of Jura
- An excellent source of information about Islay is Islay Info, they also run an excellent Islay Blog
- Our local newspaper, The Ileach, is a good resource for local news
- Bruichladdich Taxi Hire offers a 24-hour Islay taxi service that covers all of the island.
- The Port Charlotte Hotel provides the discerning guest with high-class modern facilities in the original delightful Victorian surroundings.
- The Bowmore Hotel is a family-run hotel located in Islay’s capital and makes excellent use of Islay’s local produce including beef, lamb and seafood.
- Nichol and Donny MacKinnon run Islay Sea Safari, which provides a Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) Service for the Inner Hebrides and Northern Ireland featuring a sea taxi service, wildlife excursions and distillery trips by sea.
- Information about transport on the island inculding car hire and taxis can be found on the Islay Airport website.